Monday, November 24, 2014

Miracles

How have things been this week? This week has been awesome! It's been a little harder with our investigators, as only two of them could meet with us, and the rest are either avoiding us or are busy. It makes me worried about one of our investigators, because for about two weeks we've been trying to contact her (one of my favorite investigators) and her friend (referral from her) texted us and said to leave Julie alone... Sad day. But the work moves on. 

What kind of miracles have you seen? A finding one. We found two people in this one neighborhood. One of them got antied very hard core after we left, and she doesn't want to meet with us, but that's not the miracle. Right across from her house we taught a lesson to the girl that was living in that house and she knows the Stake President and baby sits his grandchildren. She accepted the BOM and asked for a couple weeks to read through it. Awesome!

Who are you teaching? Well, we are teaching Michael, Trey, Julie (well, was) , Dylan,, Amber, Bro Gilbert,Jenna, Daniel, Paul and Betty, just got married this last week and Betty is Jehovah witness and Paul is a Less Active. Yep, I think that about covers it.
How is the ward coming along? It is going awesome! The sisters in the ward are having a baptism. They are baptizing an eternal, and it's getting the ward pumped because they haven't seen a baptism in about a year or more. We just got a new ward mission leader Sunday. Sad to see our old WML not being one, but Bro. Taylor, the new one, is a man full of many ideas and faith, and I can't wait to see what he'll direct us on next. The ward feels more and more like my family every day. I look at them and it feels like I have known them my whole life, even when I see new faces (I'm bound to because we have 400 active members), but I definitely see a lot of new faces. They have taken me in and made us feel like family. They are a good ward. Even my first week in the ward, I felt like I had known them all in the pre-mortal life or something, because I just fit right in with them :) I'm coming up on 4 and 1/2 months with the ward, and I don't want to leave. I hope I can stay in this area longer. 

Elder Wheelwright

No comments:

Post a Comment