Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Come Unto Me and I will give you REST


I feel like the over arching message of this last conference was to "come unto me". They said it many times, and I got the feeling many other times. I've been pondering about that. "come unto me and I will give you rest". For a while, I felt like that never applied to me. I was thinking about how hard this mission is, and that it's not very restful to me. And at church yesterday, I received revelation about that. He has given me rest. We were talking about addictions and weaknesses, and I was told by the Holy Ghost that that is how I am receiving rest. As members of the true church, sometimes we take for granted many doctrines that bring us true rest. During gospel doctrines, we were talking about the law of chastity, and I came to the realization that that is such a wonderful law. We put away the grossness of Satan, and embrace God with our full heart. It holds families together, it keeps you free from addiction. And it's so specific in what it teaches that you don't have room for question. Also, with the Word of Wisdom. Because I've never done drugs, they can't hold me bound. I am receiving rest from the Savior. The commandments aren't a burden, they are a blessing. And thank you so much for raising me in such a wonderful example of that. 



This week, one of the people we are teaching, a Catholic Priest, talked about how he would get an-tied and he would offer a Book of Mormon to anyone who would speak bad about the church, and then he would offer for them to meet with us. He was talking about how a minister of one of the churches was mad at him for taking the lessons from us, and the catholic priest, said that our church was true, and that he would do well to listen to us also. He then offered a Book of Mormon to him. I love Him! He's read the Book of Mormon all the way through already, and he is on his second time. He said that there is no way he would read it a second time if he didn't believe in it already. I asked him what he was going to do about his knowledge, and he said that he was going to use it as a reference material when giving sermons. Not quite what I was looking for, but I don't see anything wrong with that :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment