Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I could tell the whole world

 I have been asked to talk in church about my amazing missionary sons and I have been asked to tell the congregations ways that you have grown and maybe some spiritual experiences on your mission.  Would you please send me some help.  I would rather tell the congregation what you would like me to tell them to go blabbing at the mouth and say things that might embarrass you.


Ooh, this has me thinking. There's nothing that just pops into my head straight off that has definitely changed about me, but many small things in so many ways.
A way that has changed about me is that I am not ashamed in what I believe. I could tell the whole world and not feel any shame in what I believe. I feel a lot like Ammon when he expressed to his brethren his thoughts " do not boast in my own strength,nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joyand will rejoice in my God.
 12 Yea, know that am nothingas to my strength am weak; therefore will not boast of myself, but will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things;"  
I have had to rely on the Lord. Every time I open my mouth and declare what I believe, I have to rely on the Lord. I'm not a public speaker, or a teacher, but I've learned that that does not matter in the Lords eyes. When I exercise my faith by declaring the gospel, the Lord helps me, and makes up for the many mistakes I make through out the day. 
So basically, I'm pretty much the best. Tell Jeremy I took his spot ;)
Well, I don't like to talk to much about myself. You got this mom :) 
Well, this week has been a pretty amazing week! I got transferred down to Norman! I'm loving it already! It's a wonderful area! 
  • It's crazy! Everywhere we go, we always walk! My companion got a concussion from a bike crash a few weeks ago and has post concussion syndrome, so he can't ride his bike at all. We're praying for a car :) But ya, awesome apartment too! It's got two showers! Pretty legit! Man, Jeremy sprained his ankle??? ooh! tell him to get feeling better! Did it swell up? Good luck on the house! Still praying for you guys every day! 

  • Well, I got to work in the Spanish area on Friday! Ya, tell Austin I have no clue how he did it. Spanish just flew right over my head the whole time we were on exchanges! We visited a Spanish family, and the kids spoke perfect English, and they also spoke Spanish, but the parents didn't. And also my companion at the time spoke English only barely. I got to follow most of the time and listen to Spanish! I definitely am glad sometimes that I only speak English! So ya, that was a pretty fun day! The ward here is soooooo small! It's crazy! It's probably the smallest ward I have ever seen in my life! I told some missionaries that down here, and they got a good laugh! They had just come up from Northern Texas in a branch that meets in a house with 12 people normally present! But I've been in some pretty good sized cities so far! Well, I wish to leave you with a scripture. It is an amazing one! Kinda changed it a little though :)
  • Mosiah 18:30
    30 And now it came to pass that all this was done in Normon, yea, by the waters of Normon, in the forest that was near the waters of Normon; yea, the place of Normon, the waters of Normon, the forest of Normon, how beautiful are they to the eyes of them who there came to the knowledge of their Redeemer; yea, and how blessed are they, for they shall sing to his praise forever.
    • Elder Brandon Wheelwright

No comments:

Post a Comment