Monday, January 19, 2015

60 degrees and lovin it!

Well, life goes on! It's been a beautiful week in Oklahoma! 60 to 70 degrees all week! I've been loving it! Especially because we walk everywhere! It's sooooo weird! In the middle of January it is 60! Yaaa, that would never happen in Utah! So it's been amazing! I don't think I've never been so happy in my life! There's nothing big that has been happening that makes it wonderful, but the more I give of myself, the more I find of myself. The Gospel is wonderful about that! While the world tells you to be selfish, Christ tells us the opposite. 
I got to do exchanges! It was fun! I got to take over our area after a week and a half! So, with a few wrong turns, it still went pretty well! As a missionary, we get a few hours a day to (kind of) ourselves in the morning and at night, and these elders (they are in a trio at the moment) absolutely love to play yugioh during that time. Yep, that's right, the card game. Hah, so they tried to teach me the ways of it! We finally went tracting after so long of not doing it yesterday! We had gotten out of church and everything cancelled, so we had about an hour till dinner. Excercising a little faith, I kept praying to Heavenly Father that he would let us find his elect during that one hour of tracting. (Also to help my companion feel the fruits of tracting occasionally, since we hardly do it) 
A little background first. So, people in Oklahoma always go to church. If they don't, then they are usually very grumpy people. So knocking doors on a Sunday could turn either really bad because you run into a lot of bashers and apathetic people, or good because people are in the mood to hear a gospel message because, of course, it's Sunday! The first few doors, not good! Got some of the harshest rejections I've had on my mission, and because I had such faith that we would find God's elect, it felt like each rejection cut my faith a bit. But, we kept going. Every door we knocked was a harsh rejection, except the last one. We come up to the door and knock it, and a guy answers. We asked him if we could say a prayer with him and he said now is not a good time. Not giving up, I said that we were also going around reading scriptures to help them feel the importance of scriptures, and, without asking, I said I want to read you a scripture. I had a BOM in my hand and flipped to Mosiah 4:9, which talks about believing in God. We read it to him and stated to teach the restoration of the gospel with him and gave him the Book of Mormon and set up a return appointment! It was truly an amazing experience! Sometimes the elect don't always seem like they are, but don't give up! Everyone here on this earth has already acccepted Christ before this life, so who's to say they won't accept it again? :) 


I love you mom!
Elder Wheelwright

No comments:

Post a Comment