Monday, August 18, 2014

HEY Ya'll

Even though I've been resisting saying yall, I still end up saying it all the time! 
Well, this week was crazy! With basically next to no investigators we did a lot of finding! I enjoy tracting, and trying to help resolve their concerns. 

Life is good here in Edmond! We've been teaching this couple about the word of wisdom and the lady that we were teaching started getting mad at me, and all I did was bear my testimony. I was like whoa lady, calm down. It was kinda comical, because later I realized that the Holy Ghost pricked her heart and she just didn't want to change, so she got defensive, but luckily it all got cleared up by my awesome companion. We've been playing guitar at their house to kind of let them know we are real people. It's crazy, because my companion plays guitar, cello, and piano, and I play those too, yet our personalities are different, but he's awesome. Well, now that college has started up, the traffic from UCO has increased so much that now we are able to talk to a lot more people.
It's awkward when we run into a Spanish person, and they can't speak Spanish. We just pull out a card and point to the website and say to visit it :) So I decided to learn the first discussion in Spanish. Here it goes: el Libro de Mormón es verdadero. Jose Smith es verdadero :) How'd I do Austin? 
There's this old lady that we did service for, and she came to church with us. Whoo, talk about nerve wracking. I was worried she was going to shout hallelujah or something like that. We threw a lot of her stuff away because she likes to keep stuff... no bueno.
We went to another church on Sunday because someone wanted us to. It was pretty weird. We sang a lot, and then the minister called me and my companion out of the congregation. Weird. He yelled a lot while preaching. It kinda hurt my ears, but it was still very cool to see other people trying to pursue Christ also. We invited some people to our church while at their church. It was pretty great! Our church is in the fullness of the gospel, and is so true. 

With the spirit and trying to listen to it, I always was wondering that too. Then we watched a talk in the MTC by Elder Bednar and he said to not worry about if it is the spirit or just you, because the spirit is sometimes very hard to detect and if it's good, then it cometh from God :) It's still very hard for me to do it, but I'm working on it. That's awesome your doing missionary work. I can tell you from experience that the missionaries really really really appreciate it, so just imagine how much God appreciates it! That's awesome! 
Do you know what's so crazy!? Pride is almost always the root for sin! It's crazy! I read a talk about it, and ever since then, whenever I get annoyed at my companion for a lecture or something, I tell myself that that's just my pride being hurt, and that I need to get over it, and that pride is no bueno. I need to work on that :) I love you mom! You are so awesome!!! I love you also dad!!!! Write me :) I love talking to both of you. Choose the right!!! The LDS church is so true!! Love you
Elder Wheelwright (dos)

No comments:

Post a Comment