Monday, July 21, 2014

Whew! Almost Oklahoma Bound

I have absolutely loved the MTC! I'm sad to leave, but I'm also very happy to leave. Their ORANGE CHICKEN here is so AWESOME! I wished that I was a cow and had multiple stomachs. (I still probably ate like a cow though).
I got to talk to the MTC president before a meeting, and he mentioned me in a meeting of 600 people... So I'm pretty much the best... Ya, still waiting to get humbled out on the mission field. So, the reason I got to talk to him was because I arrived early to a meeting (that's a no bueno) and I sat on the front row of a 600 person conference (also a no bueno), so with those two super smart decisions I made, I naturally got called to say a prayer. (bueno :)) So before the meeting started I had to go sit up on the stand next to the MTC President, and so we started talking and I asked him when he was giving a talk and he said that he was only conducting. Then, after that, we both came to the conclusion (with our marvelous thinking skills) that my part in the program was much easier, because I could close my eyes and pretend that they weren't there. But the miracle came after. You know how I am absolutely terrified of speaking in front of people, even just to say a prayer? I prayed to God to ask Him if He would help me during the prayer to not be nervous, and right after that, I felt comforted. I didn't even worry about what anyone thought until after. 
Well, it's sad to say goodbye to the people in my zone, for we truly made wonderful friends.
I'll have pictures to send you next pday, but the computers here won't allow us to upload photos. 
So, I'll have you know, I am very clean and neat when it comes to lunch. During lunch a few days ago, I was drinking powerade and spilled all the way down the front of my tie and on my pants. Later during that meal I spilled more powerade on my tie, and the ketchup on my tie and on the chair and my pants. 
Well, I love you all so very much
I will be calling you tomorrow while in the airport for a while, so just be ready for that. I suppose I'll call Mom's phone. I'm leaving tomorrow to the airport at 4:30 in the morning but I'm leaving on the plane around 9:00, so ya... :)
Love you
Elder Wheelwright (dos)

No comments:

Post a Comment